USPS Shipping Delays
- If you placed an order from our shop this December there is a chance your order may be delayed due to USPS delays.
- We ship the majority of our orders with USPS Priority Mail which is a 1-3 day service. Unfortunately, some of our orders placed between Dec. 6 - 17 have experienced delays(mostly to East Coast addresses). We advertised delivery by Christmas for all orders placed by Dec. 17 because the postal service advertised Dec. 19 as the cutoff for all Priority Mail orders. This has been our standard in the past, as it is a 1-3 day service, but this year the postal service is overwhelmed by an increased number of packages and reduced staff. We are hoping that the majority of orders placed by Dec. 17 will still be delivered by Christmas, but some orders may be late.
With USPS tracking being a bit chaotic, this is our best guess on how to interpret it
- If your tracking lists an expected delivery date we think this is a good thing, fingers crossed it will be delivered by that date (12/21 edit: unfortunately this is not always the case, we now have several orders listing an expected delivery date AND an "arriving late" notice)
- If your tracking says “in transit, on time” hopefully IT IS on time
- If your tracking says, “in transit, arriving late” we unfortunately don’t know what to expect (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions)
- If your tracking shows movement every 24-48 hours, that's a good sign
When will I receive my order?
- We don’t have any prior experience dealing with these delays so it’s hard to say. Orders shipped to the East Coast are experiencing the most delays. Despite the delays, we are hoping the majority of orders placed by Dec. 17 will still be delivered before Christmas. USPS is delivering until Dec. 24.
- While we probably can’t provide you with much more information than the tracking provides we are happy to help. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you for supporting our shop and we appreciate your patience!